Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mundane serious weeks

It has been very quiet yet eventful days for me recently. Quiet in the sense that no hiking or trekking, no food hunting. Eventful in the sense that I had lots of other serious matters to attend to.

Last weekend took a drive up to Penang to visit my grandma and my cutie pies : my cousins Stanley and Gillian. It has been 2 long years since i last met up with them. Boy have they grown! I spent loads and tonnes of time fooling around with them, playing with them, baking with them. It was so heartbreaking to bid farewell to them. Gillian cried and howled when i walked out of the door, Stanley sulked slightly but tried to be a gallant boy by forcing a sad smile and a bye to me. My heart was shattered into pieces as i walked into the car but every meet-up will have to end with a bye.

Upon arriving in KL, i rushed to Sunway Medical Center to visit my uncle who just underwent a colon operation. He looked so thin, pale and tired. The operation took a huge toll on him. He hasn't eaten for 5 days and he was on drips. Even so, he was jovial, chatty and positive. I admire his spirit, his attitude. It made me wonder if i would be able to remain positive and cheerful during times of bleak. He was lucky enough to detect 2 malign growths in his colon that has not turned cancerous. Immediately, an operation was carried out to remove the growths before they caused any problems. He would have to slowly adapt to sitting upright before progressing to walking. It will be a long tough learning curve for him. I sincerely hope that things will go smoothly for him.


No comments: