Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sumptuous Feast

By chance, i could dine in KLCC Convention Center, a Ramadan Buka Puasa Buffet. Held in one of the halls in KLCC Convention Center, there were approximately 50 round tables arranged in front of a stage where traditional musicians serenaded us with traditional music.

Smoke and aroma from all the grilling done in the hall wafted through the air, exciting murmurs echoed through the hall, a myriad of colours flashed across my very eyes, what an overwhelming experience. I was welcomed by an extensive variety of food from appetizer, main course, to dessert. Without wasting any time, i went on a tour to check out what they had to offer.

Murtabak - Flour patties stuffed with chicken and beef pan fried on a special flat heated surface. I really love the Murtabak, crisp and savoury. The dahl is very tasty too. They are really generous in the amount of vegetable used in the dahl. I was practically drinking the dahl even after i have finished eating the murtabak.
Kebab - This originates from Turkey but it is certainly a hit in Malaysia. The chef would slice the chicken meat wrapped around a rotating heated rod encased in an oven-like enclosure. She then stuffed the chicken slices in a wrap with vegetables and you can consume it with some sauces.
Satay - Marinated chunks of chicken and beef pierced through wooden skewers were grilled to perfection with slightly burnt sides. The peanut sauce that accompanied the satay complements it.

Roti John - John's bread is definitely one of my favourites. Having spent 1 year of my study life in Malacca, i easily fell in love with it. Bread stuffed with tomatoes, cucumbers, chicken, topped with mayonaise, tartar sauce, pan fried till crispy. I didn't miss this one out for sure and it satisfied my craving after bidding it farewell 8 years ago.
Kuih-muih - Ahh, desserts, my best friend. I suffer from a very serious illness of sweet tooth. I can't resist anything sweet, being such a sweet and nice person. This buffet featured a lot of our local Malay dessert.

Grilled section - Grilled lamb, grilled venison were in the most-wanted list of everyone. I have to apologize though that they certainly don't resemble their kind when they were alive, first one is lamb that looked like turkey to me and the second photo is a whole deer.

2 comments:

ღ~* ٭ ViًðҐέT ٭ *~ღ said...

The kambing looks like tengah pangsai when he got killed... HAHA!!
The rusa kinda 'rude'... must be male =D
Soli for being lame, that's the thing that came into my mind when I saw those photos xD
Walao, people torture their food before eating nowadays....

smallbook said...

i duno whether it's because the chef has bad taste, arranged the animals in such an ugly way, sooooo "appetizing" haha